THE YEAR 2021 – LOOKING BACK ON THE YEAR THAT WAS – HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM SIC
28 December 2021
Feeling, not so nostalgic about the year 2020? Apparently, the pandemic-indued time distortion that defined 2020 did not get the memo about the new calendar year. Looking back, the events of 2021 turned out to be just as mind-meltingly difficult to keep track of.
As we said good-bye to 2020, Our new year was a year that began in hope. Miraculously effective vaccines showed up, a new President promised unity, and a jury convicted the man who killed George Floyd. It was also the year that supporters of the losing candidate took over the US Capitol, Asian-American were given new reasons to fear for their lives, and COVID-19 killed Americans at a faster rate than before free, life-preserving injections were available.
Whether you spent 2021 still trying to process 2020, here are just some events (good, bad, and weird) from this year to look back on.
- Elon Musk became TIME’s 2021 Person of the Year.
- The richest man in the world does not own a house and is selling off his fortune.
- He tosses satellites into orbit and harnesses the sun.
- He drives a car he created that uses no gas and barely needs a driver.
- Simone Biles – Athlete of the Year
- Ratatouille, the TikTok Musical rang in the new year as the first viral Memes of 2021.
- This TikTok musical began as a somewhat sincere joke on the app, gave us hope for wholesome content by raising over a million dollars for struggling actors.
- A day that will never be forgotten, Capital Insurrections
- On Jan 6, 2021, Trump supporting mob incited by the president stormed the Capital
- The President, Donald Trump was impeached on Jan 13th and then acquitted on Feb 13, 2021
- The grim reaper was not kind in 2021. Losing Larry King, Rush Limbaugh, Prince Phillip, and Cicely Tyson.
- HAVOC On Wall Street with Gamestonks and Dogecoin
- Redditors saved GameStop from being the next Blockbuster by buying all its stock that other investors had bet against. As a result, they threw the stock market into chaos and became enemy of the corporate hedge funds.
- Jeff Bezos steps down as Amazon’s CEO
- However, he is still executive chairperson of the company’s board.
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry interviewed with Oprah in March
- Chrissy Teigen quit Twitter for her mental health, came back and then accused of serious online bullying herself.
- NASA landed a rover on Mars (again)
- The Johnson and Johnson vaccine was approved, temporarily halted, then brought back to save more lives.
- The 2020 Olympics were held in July 2021.
- Bill Cosby walks free. H is assault conviction was overturned in June.
- Football players Carl Nassib comes out ahs the first openly gay NFT player.
- R Kelly was at last found guilty on all 9 counts of racketerring and sex trafficking.
- America started running out of water.
- President Biden designates Juneteenth a federal holiday
- Conservatives dragged Dr. Seuss and Mr. Potato Head into the culture wars against their will.
- And lastly, we mourned the loss of Yahoo Answers.
As another chapter of our lives is about to end, it is that time of year when we reflect on what has gone before and what is yet to take flight. May you take time to reflect upon and acknowledge your accomplishments, your dreams and those who matter most to you in your life. Happy New Year from all of us at Scientific Instrument Center. Many blessings for a wonderful 2022!
As a leader in Scientific Equipment Repair and medical equipment calibration, Scientific Instrument Center works with many corporations, universities, and hospitals providing the highest level of laboratory services.
Keeping your lab equipment in peak condition is vital if the results are going to be accurate and reliable. Scientific Instrument Center (SIC) is your trusted company for laboratory equipment repair and maintenance services. If you have questions about your laboratory equipment and would like to discuss options for repairing or maintaining the equipment, please contact us at (614) 771-4700.
Our skilled staff members understand the nuances of instrument calibration and the manufacturers train our technicians, so any inspections we make mean your equipment is to quality standards. For more than 30 years, SIC has served businesses that use a wide variety of diagnostic and scientific equipment. We are specialists.
Get a free consultation. Call (800) 686-8965